Plant Protection and Quarantine Technician (PPQ Tech)
Hello and thanks for your interest in a career with USDA APHIS PPQ.
Please note this is an Outreach Notice to make you aware of a vacancy open with USDA APHIS PPQ in Winchester, Virginia! Please apply through USA Jobs (link provided within announcement). Please note this is a Pathways Anouncement and is only open to "Recent Grads."
The vacancy announcement is open until September 28th
As a Plant Protection Technician, you implement domestic programs within an assigned geographic area to prevent the establishment and/or artificial spread of plant pests and diseases into new areas. If selected, you provide support to Plant Protection and Quarantine (PPQ) Officers with surveys; control measures; biocontrol and biotechnology activities; and export of regulated agricultural commodities within PPQ, Field Operations (FO).
- Participates with supervisor in planning and coordinating survey/control measures by furnishing information about the presence and extent of plant diseases and/or insects, and effect of treatments.
- Directs and/or conducts approved control and eradication measures including sanitation measures, biological controls, and the application of herbicides, insecticides, nematicide, and fungicides.
- Enforces Federal and/or State regulatory orders to restrict movement or issue certificates permitting movement of plants, plant products, and equipment into or out of regulated areas.
- Assists with inspections of routine commodities for export.
- Maintains daily records of inspection work, control measures and regulatory procedures applied; prepares reports and maps on the activities and accomplishments within the assigned area.
Thanks for your interest with our vacancy at USDA APHIS PPQ. For more information on the "Pathways Recent Grad" Program, click on the green "Apply Externally" button.
I wish you the best of luck in all your career pursuits!
USDA APHIS PPQ
Outreach and Recruitment
Call/ Text: 518-420-9779
APHIS Career Page: https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/banner/careers
Plant Protection Today Newsletter: https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ourfocus/planthealth/ppq-program-overview/plant-protection-today/plant-protection-today