These positions are in the Region 4, Laboratory Services and Applied Science Division, Laboratory Services Branch, Inorganic Chemistry Branch.
This is an office-centered position--you must physically report to the duty station stated in this announcement on a regular basis. Partial work-from-home flexibilities may be authorized.
About Region 4: https://www.epa.gov/aboutepa/about-epa-region-4-southeast
- Prepare and analyze routine and non-routine environmental samples for the determination of contaminants and chemical parameters.
- Interpret and evaluate data to determine its significance;
- Implement and adhere to Laboratory Quality Control system requirements;
- Modify and validate methods;
- Provide technical assistance based on the analysis of environmental samples
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.
See the USAJOBS application for details on qualifications and eligibility.