Talent Relations & Events Internship: NYC- Summer 2023
Application Deadline: Friday, March 10
We have multiple talent relations & events internship opportunities. By applying to this posting, you will be considered for these opportunities within this area. This internship will be located in the New York City area. The selected interns will be expected to join us in the office on a regular cadence based on the intern managers in office schedule.
This could include, but is not limited to:
- Talent Relations & Events
- Corporate Events
Duties could include:
• Work with TR team to determine and fine new opportunities to better utilize and amplify Talent
• Draft talent itineraries for events
• Assist with the development of event rundowns, post event recap and presentation decks, and communications materials related to the event
• Develop, manage, and track guest lists for upcoming events
• Assisting with coordinating team meetings with internal departments and outside vendors
• Research new restaurants, venues, and hotels in the area
• Input event details into event booking software and assist in the creation of event proposals and Banquet Event Orders (BEOs)
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Able to multitask and manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines
• Proofread and copy edit
• Must be able to work in person with the team
• Wide degree of creativity and attention to detail
• Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in social media and digital media
• Self-motivated, self-starter, and team player with a positive and professional approach to management
• Must be actively enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university degree program for the full duration of the internship (proof of enrollment required)
• Must be a rising Junior, Senior or Graduate Student (18 years or older)
• Must be in academic good standing (2.8 or above GPA)
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States. U.S. International students must hold an F1 Visa to be considered.
The Nice To Haves
• Knowledge of the restaurants, hotels, venues in NYC area
• Prior experience working with project management within an agency
• Previous internships within the industry
About Our Internship Program
WBD's Internship Program is designed to nurture students professionally and personally. We attract the country’s boldest and brightest students for paid, for-credit, real-world internship experiences in the entertainment, tech, sports, news and media industries. We offer career-defining opportunities to learn valuable skills that will help you prepare for a successful future.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
- Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
- Mentorship from some of the industry’s kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
- Engaging events including professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
- Access to top-level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
- Incredible networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals and a robust intern alumni network
- A creative, collaborative, and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
- Opportunities to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
- The insider scoop on the entertainment industry and what happens behind the scenes
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
- Real-life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
And finally, what to know before applying:
- The duration of the program is 10-12 weeks dependent on the student’s availability based on semester schedule
- Program date options:
- Start Date: June 5th or June 12th
- End Date: August 18th or August 25th
- Interns will be expected to work 35-40 hours per week in a hybrid capacity.
- Our internships are paid opportunities with a competitive hourly wage. Credit is not required; however, we will provide the necessary documentation for school credit if desired. Relocation is not provided.
- Interviewing will take place from February through mid-April. A WBD team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
- In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The rate listed is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery’s total compensation package for employees. Pay Rate: $19 per hour USD for undergrad interns, $23 per hour USD for graduate level interns.