Information Technology Specialist (Systems Analysis) (DT) (N. Chicago)
This position is part of the Army Fellows Program and is a CIVILIAN position with the Department of the Army.
The Army Fellows Program use your talent as a federal civilian employee to make a positive difference, to make an impact on the world. The Army Fellows Program is a two-year fellowship as a federal civilian. We hire fellows as permanent, full time employees with full pay and benefits and guarantee placement after the fellowship for those who meet requirements.
We are seeking driven, high-performing teammates, and we will provide opportunities to apply your talent to make a positive difference through meaningful work. You’ll also learn and grow through a structured but flexible two-year developmental program that accounts for your existing knowledge, skills, behaviors, and preferences and for your career field’s professional competencies.
In this role you will:
- Assist in assessing policy needs and developing policies to govern IT activities.
- Provide policy guidance to IT management, staff, and customers.
- Assist in conducting audits of IT programs and projects.
- Ensure the application of information security/ information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of policies, planning and management services.
- Establish metrics to measure and evaluate systems performance and total cost of ownership.