R3 - Student Trainee (Life Science/Engineering/Physical Science)
These positions are located in multiple offices in Region 3. About Region 3: R3
This is an office-centered position*--you must physically report to the duty station stated in this announcement on a regular basis.
*Work-from-home flexibilities may be authorized as described in the Benefits section.
At the GS-04 level, you will:
- Assist in the performance of standardized support duties such as the collection of literature references and the organization of files;
- Assist with routine steps in science studies and regulatory/compliance work;
- Support higher-graded staff in planning for program management of environmental programs.
At the GS-05 level, you will:
- Assist with summarizing environmental program information data for use in preparing reports and program evaluations;
- Perform routine tasks in science studies of a standard nature on regulatory and compliance issues and problems;
- Support higher-graded staff in planning for program management of environmental programs;
- Assist staff with preparing materials for, and participation in, briefings with managers.
One or more positions may be filled (in the organization advertised and/or in other organizations), if appropriate to the position.